Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bread Pizza

I love cooking, eating different cuisines. I love going to gym so always feel that should eat healthy @ the same time.
So in these blogs of mine I would like to share some recipes which are simple, tasty and easy to make and healthy . I know in everyday routine its very hard to find time to cook different kind of food or even cook .. believe me I work @ Intel corp and @ times I come home @ 8pm @ night..but when u are back home u want to eat something tasty and if thats healthy too then its awesome..
I love friends coming over to my place , on friday nights normally my friends would come over and we will either cook together / I will cook and watch some Hindi movie.. This friday we watched Delhi 6 it was borrrrrrrring I dont know how Abhishek Bachchan signed up for that movie .. anyways this is about food that day we made home made bread pizzza yummmy :).

Bread Pizza Recipe:

Ingredients: Bread,spagetti sauce,cheese,fresh vegetables,salt,red pepper flakes.
  • First and foremost you should have Bread available. I like to buy Wheat Breat since its healthy, if you dont like wheat you can buy Sara Lee's white (whole grain bread).
  • You can cut all kind of vegetables that you would love to see on a normal Pizza. I had green pepper, red onion ( I prefer red rather then white onion), olives, already cut store bought artickhokes would be good too.
  • Nicely diced onions small pieces, medium cut sized green pepper , store bought small cut canned olives.
  • My friend had got smoked pepperoni (75% less fat) already cut in round pieces.
  • Store bought Spagetti sauce , I had tomato and basil mix. You can get Tomato garlic, mushroom green pepper and so on. Just remember the sauce should be little thick. I had was Francesco Rinaldi (Tomato and basil)http://www.francescorinaldi.com/shop/product.asp?i=1#
  • Take 1 bread slice , nicely spread the tomato basil sauce , put 1Tbsp nice italian cheese ( stored bought shredded cheese , I get low skim milk cheese) , all your topping on the top.
  • if you have OTG you can already preheat it @ 400F and put them 1 by 1 as u make it .
  • if you dont have OTG but oven , then u can make it all @ once and keep it in preheated oven for 10 mins.
  • Once cheese starts melting and bread is brown @ the bottom , remove it .Sprinle some salt and red pepper flakes Wallla its ready to eat :).

3 comments:

  1. I am surely going to try this and let you know how it turns out. Keep posting.

    Anand S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anand was here this weekend and he made Bread Pizza for us with the cheese you left here on ur last trip;) :P it was yummy!!

    ReplyDelete