Saturday, February 28, 2009

Green Coin

I always like to try something new when I have free time or on special occassions like hubby's bday. He is so sweet he is always my guinea pig and critic on how the dish turn out to be . For his bday I tried this new snack called "Green Coin" and believe me it was a really tasty . My sister was asking me the recipe and I promised her the next blog would be the Green Coin. So this one I give it to my sister ..try it on Jiju and let me know how it turns out to be.

Green Coin:

Ingredients :

Green Peas(1/2 cup),
fresh Corrainder(1/4 cup),
Mint leaves(10-12 leaves),
Spinach(4-5 leaves),
green chilli(2-3 , as per your spice level),
garlic gloves (5-6),
Ginger 1teaspn,
Garam masala,
Gram Flour (Besan),
Bread slices,
All purpose flour,
Sesame seeds.

Lets Make Green Paste:



  • Mix Green Peas(1/2 cup),fresh Corrainder(1/4 cup),Mint leaves(10-12 leaves),Spinach(4-5 leaves),green chilli(2-3 , as per your spice level),garlic gloves (5-6),Ginger 1teaspn in a grinder and make a thick paste out of it.

  • Add some lemon juice (1/2 lemon), sugar, salt in this paste

  • Take 1 table spoon of oil in a non stick pan . Once the oil gets hot add green paste in .

  • Stir the mixture for some time (5-10 mins) and then add 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala in it along with 1/4 cup of Gram Flour.

  • Stir the mixture again for some more time( another 10 -15 mins) until it gets dry.

Real Part of getting whole thing together,



  • So take 1 slice of bread . Get some kind of round mold and cut round pieces of bread. I had taken the top of one of my plastic Bottle :).

  • Apply the Green paste on the top of round bread .

  • All purpose paste : Take some all purpose flour and add some water and make a paste out of it , not too thick or liquid.

  • Apply this all purpose paste on top of the paste (which is already been applied on the bread). This paste will hold it all together otherwise the green paste can fall apart.

  • Apply some sesame seed all over on the top.

  • Prepare all Green coins together .

Cooking:



  • There are various ways to cook it now. For my first time I actually fried them in oil . But in oil it eats tooo much oil because of the bread . But if you are ok with oil you can fry it and have it with ketchup sauce.

  • Second way , you can take a flat pan add some oild on the pan . Start with 4-5 Green Coins and cook it back and forth . This way u will have less oil but the bread will still become brown and cripy which is Yummmmmy :).

  • You can try baking it too just keep everything in 350F pre-heated oven .

Disfrutar u guys :).

4 comments:

  1. Wow, there are lots of things that I would have missed...thanks for uploading the receipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. One request, can you have your ingredients vertical rather than horizontal, easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok here u go :) , thnx for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green coins was hit at our potluck..instead of cutting it round I had them square and renamed them as 'Green Biscuits'..

    ReplyDelete